Have you heard of anything more extravagant? Bron mentioned a few weeks ago she’d read a blog of someone whose bucket list involved eating Crème brûlée French toast from a well known place in New York. It was on her bucket list. Bron found a recipe from http://www.smittenkitchen.com for crème brûlée french toasts. This morning I visited to enjoy a Saturday breakfast. For the first time in a very long time I felt full after breakfast.
Bron chose to use brioche which I think was a fantastic choice.
The orange zest was a great touch. Citrus is amazing.
Apologies about the photography. All images were captured with an iPhone 4.
- Classic Crème Brûlée (garydavidlum.com)
- Tiramisu Creme Brulee (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Custard-Battered French Toast with Glazed Strawberries and Toasted Hazelnuts (potterybarn.com)
- French Toast Sunday (bloggeretterized.wordpress.com)
- Creme Brulee (cookingislife.wordpress.com)
- First Crème Brûlée! (vivianbee.wordpress.com)
- Our Bucket List (oursuperbucketlist.wordpress.com)
- Ah the bucket list (prbetty.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Eggnog Waffle French Toast (craftzine.com)
- The Husband Cooks: Brioche, Fried Egg, Frisée (orangesandavocados.com)
- Breakfast: The Meal for Champions (bimondi.wordpress.com)