It’s finally starting to feel like Summer. Yesterday and today we had maximum temperatures >30 °C. It’s just a pity it was so dry. The weather would be perfect if we had more humidity and some rain.
After a breakfast of scrambled eggs I spent today Spring cleaning for a rental inspection this week. I used my new Magic Bullet to prepare the eggs with a little cream. I served it on quinoa and flaxseed toast. I really needed a good mug of coffee after another poor sleep.
This evening I enjoyed an almost tropical meal of salmon with mango coleslaw. The coleslaw has red cabbage, red onions, carrot, coriander, mint and parsley.
This afternoon I received a visit from a friendly magpie.
This morning while walking I captured an image of the trees down Benjamin Way. Using Diptic I posted to Instagram a comparison of the Winter and Spring images. Canberra truly has the best expression of seasons in Australia with true demarcation between each of the four seasons. While it is beautiful I miss the simplicity of the wet season, dry season and build up in Subequatorial Australia.
- Another week in Instagram and schoolies week (garydavidlum.com)
- How to make perfect coleslaw (guardian.co.uk)
- nutritious coleslaw (omamas.com)
- Gingered Carrot Coleslaw Recipe (rawlivingfoods.typepad.com)
- A favourite sandwich | Distant happy memories (garydavidlum.com)
- Pork schnitzel with cauliflower rice (lchfenglish.wordpress.com)
- Smile! Thanksgiving Is Instagram’s Biggest Day (abcnews.go.com)
- Instagram users set Thanksgiving photo upload record (pcworld.com)