What can be better than fried chicken?
So it’s a public holiday today. I’m exhausted. I was up to the wee hours of this morning trying to sort out some bugs in this new blog. I think I’m getting the hang of the all the differences between WordPress.com and wordPress.org
So while most states and territories in Australia celebrate the birthday of Her Royal Highness, I went for a walk to shake out some cobwebs and thought about what to cook for lunch.
I had a couple of chicken thighs in the refrigerator and started craving fried chicken. That said, I don’t have time to do fried chicken so I did the next best thing. Faux fried chicken.
- Chicken thighs
- Dessicated coconut
- Sesame seeds
- Red wine
- Add some flour, coconut and sesame seeds to the plastic bag containing the chicken pieces
- Give it a good shake and get flour all over the kitchen floor
- Heat up an oven safe fry pan and add some oil that has a high smoking point
- Add the thighs skin side down
- Turn after a few minutes
- Put into the preheated oven (150 °C) for about 45 minutes
- Remove the chicken and allow to rest for 20 minutes
- Put the fry pan on heat and deglase with some red wine
- Reduce to a thick liquid
- Add some cream and butter
- Spoon some “chocolate” sauce onto the chicken
- Capture an image
- Eat ravenously
- Wash up
- Write the blog post
- You know the rest
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.
Please like the Yummy Lummy Facebook page
Please follow me on Instagram
Hope you had a great weekend and ate YUMMY