Footy food for State of Origin game two
Tonight is game two in this year’s state of origin series. On the old blog you can find many posts about state of origin and where my allegiances lie. Needless to say the photograph of me on my about page has the Queensland flag as a background. The Maroon jumper I wear in my twitter and instagram avatars says it all QUEENSLANDER!!!
On the way home tonight I stopped at Jamison Takeaway in the Jamison Plaza and bought some potato scallops and calamari rings to snack on while I cooked my dinner.
Sorry it’s a little blurry. I was so excited about eating them 🙂
A need to do a shout out to the lovely ladies at the Jamison Takeaway. They always give me an extra potato scallop. They are the best.
For dinner I made honey soy chicken wings. They make great footy food. Click on the image if you want to see a bigger version.
- Chicken wings
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Dessicated coconut
- Sesame seeds
- Chilli flakes
- In a bowl add the chicken and everything else
- Mix well and allow to rest for ten minutes
- Put into a preheated oven (150 °C) for one hour
- Plate up
- Capture an image with a Nikon D5300 and a Tamron 90 mm Macro lens at 1/25 seconds, f/8 and ISO 100
- Eat the food while watching the pregame highlights
- Wash the dishes
- Write the blog post
- Enjoy the game
- Hope Queensland defeats New South Wales
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.
Please like the Yummy Lummy Facebook page
Please follow me on Instagram