Bacon is always a good way to start Sunday in Canberra
Okay, I’ll get to the pumpkin soup recipe towards the bottom of this post so if that’s what you’re after, go down.
Gee it was cold this morning. I’m hoping this cold spell finishes soon.
Then I went for a walk and saw pelicans and black swans
[sgpx gpx=”/wp-content/uploads/gpx/RK_gpx _2014-08-03_0945.gpx”]
For lunch I had a tin of fried fish and black beans
I love this with rice. I remember as a boy eating this with my Dad. I think my middle brother Dr47 liked it but my youngest brother Mr43 didn’t. I think Mum was a little indifferent but she’d eat it if Dad wanted it. I posted this photograph to Instagram and Twitter and received some interesting responses. My Asian friends were positive in their comments.
During the afternoon I did some work, watched Star Trek and Farscape and did some ironing. I also watched Poultrygeist Night of the chicken dead. It’s on a par with Sharknado.
For dinner I made a pumpkin soup with celeriac
- White wine
- Chicken stock
- Black pepper
- Smoked cheddar cheese
- Curry powder
- Sautée and soften the onion
- Add the bacon and allow it to get sticky on the bottom of the saucepan
- Add a couple of handfuls of celeriac
- Add a couple of handfuls of pumpkin
- Add a tablespoon of curry powder and a pinch of salt
- Add a splash of white wine to deglase the bottom of the saucepan
- Add a cup of chicken stock
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Blend with a stick blender
- Add half a cup of pouring cream and a tablespoon of butter
- Blend until smooth
- Ladle into a bowl
- Add some shaved smoked cheddar cheese
- Top with parsley and pepper
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Write the recipe
- Blog about it
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.