I do love Chicken Maryland
I’ve posted a few Chicken Maryland recipes here but I can’t help myself it’s my favourite cut of chook. The Chicken Maryland contains the best parts of the chook, viz., thigh meat, lots of excellent skin and the crunchy cloaca with a level of fat that gives it so much flavour.
- Chicken Maryland pieces
- Mixed dried herbs
- Curry powder
- Tasty Coon cheese
- Turn on your oven to about 200 °C
- Slice an onion and place the rings on the bottom of a roasting tray
- Place the chicken on the onion rings
- Quarter a firm tomato and place between the Chicken Maryland pieces
- Cover the chicken with some tasty Coon cheese
- Sprinkle over the chicken and tomato a generous amount of salt, pepper, curry powder and mixed dried herbs
- Whack into your oven for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes remove the roasting tray and allow to rest for 20 minutes
- Plate up
- Shoot a photograph (I used my Nikon D7100 with a Tamron 90 mm MACRO and my new Sony α7S with a Sonnar 55 mm 1.8 lens)
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog about it
I hope you enjoy making this. Please let me know what you think.
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.