I do love Chicken Maryland
I’ve posted a few Chicken Maryland recipes here but I can’t help myself it’s my favourite cut of chook. The Chicken Maryland contains the best parts of the chook, viz., thigh meat, lots of excellent skin and the crunchy cloaca with a level of fat that gives it so much flavour.
- Chicken Maryland pieces
- Mixed dried herbs
- Curry powder
- Tasty Coon cheese
- Turn on your oven to about 200 °C
- Slice an onion and place the rings on the bottom of a roasting tray
- Place the chicken on the onion rings
- Quarter a firm tomato and place between the Chicken Maryland pieces
- Cover the chicken with some tasty Coon cheese
- Sprinkle over the chicken and tomato a generous amount of salt, pepper, curry powder and mixed dried herbs
- Whack into your oven for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes remove the roasting tray and allow to rest for 20 minutes
- Plate up
- Shoot a photograph (I used my Nikon D7100 with a Tamron 90 mm MACRO and my new Sony α7S with a Sonnar 55 mm 1.8 lens)
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog about it
I hope you enjoy making this. Please let me know what you think.
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.