Mmm…pot roasted beef brisket
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below
It’s Sunday. After a good walk yesterday and a bonza dinner at Bron’s last night (check out some photographs I shot last night below) my day’s plan was to sleep in, eat breakfast, go for a walk, catch up on some work and slowly roast a beef brisket.
Some of my on-line friends have noticed I’ve consumed quite a few carbs over the last week or so. It’s true. I’m paying for it. My waist is thicker, my trousers are tighter and my belt is speaking to me about approaching holes that we’d agreed we wouldn’t go near.
I know what I need to do. When will I do it? I’m not sure. I still have some Haigh’s Chocolates chocolate covered Queensland nuts to finish as well as part of a loaf of bread.
A walk around Lake Ginninderra
According to the RunKeeper GPX I can walk on water 😉
[sgpx gpx=”/wp-content/uploads/gpx/RK_gpx _2014-09-14_0959.gpx”]
Just a quick snack. I heated a can of corned beef and then put it into a pyrex bowl and cooked through with some cream, tasty Coon cheese and spices.
Dinner pot roast beef brisket
- Rolled beef brisket
- Red wine
- Balsamic vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Curry pepper
- Black pepper corns
- Chinese five spice powder
- Mixed dried herbs
- Seal the meat in a hot pan
- Rub in the dry ingredients
- Put the meat into a casserole
- Add in the liquid ingredients
- Place a sheet of baking paper between the bowl and the lid (this keeps the lid clean and seals in the moisture
- Cook for four hours at 150 °C
- At the three hour mark add the pumpkin
- At the three and a half hour mark add the broccoli
- Plate up
- Shoot a photograph or two or more
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog about the experience
Bron’s bonza dinner from Saturday night
We enjoyed roast duck pancakes with cucumber, spring onion, coriander and hoisin sauce. It was a fantastic meal. Bron set aside the duck’s neck and cloaca for me because she knows they’re my favourite parts of the duck’s anatomy.
So I hope you had a great weekend. If you have any comments or questions please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you.