It’s perfect salad weather in Canberra today. I just wish it was a little more warm and moist.
It’s mid Spring and the weather today in Canberra is pretty good. The maximum temperature will top out at 30 °C but sadly the humidity will remain <50%. I yearn for days with humidity >95% but they will not come to Canberra in my lifetime.
So what is a good lunch on a warm Spring day? Bacon salad of course. I love bacon and I’m getting to like salad more and more 🙂
Do you like the bright pretty colours? This was very easy to make.
- Streaky bacon
- Cos lettuce
- Fresh spring onions
- Fried spring onions
- Grapeseed oil
- Lemon juice
- Cut the streaky bacon into shreds
- Cook the bacon in a bench top oven at 200 °C for 15 minutes
- Shred the cos lettuce
- Slice the fresh spring onions
- Dice the red capsicum
- Mix the salad elements in a bowl
- Add some fried spring onions
- In a glass add some honey, freshly squeezed lemon juice and the grapeseed oil, heat in a microwave oven for 20 seconds and stir
- Add the dressing to the salad at the same time as the bacon (plus the rendered bacon fat)
- Mix well
- Put on a plate that will photograph nicely
- Shoot the photograph
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.