It may be a warm Spring evening but I had a kent pumpkin in the refrigerator and a wedge of blue cheese along with some streaky bacon. In my mind that meant roast pumpkin soup with blue cheese.
Usually I boil my pumpkin but for a really smoky sweet flavour, roasting the pumpkin for the soup makes a world of difference.
This tasted so good 🙂
- Kent pumpkin
- Streaky bacon
- Blue cheese
- Fried spring onions
- Pouring cream
- Roast the pumpkin at 150 °C for 1 hour
- Cut the streaky bacon into cross grain strips and put in the benchtop oven at 200 °C for 15 minutes
- In a bowl add the pumpkin and bacon plus some pouring cream
- Add some coriander and basil plus salt and pepper
- Blender with a stick blender (I use a Bamix) until smooth
- Heat to simmer and stir continuously
- Pour into a bowl
- Garnish with some basil and fried spring onion
- Shoot a photograph
- Inhale the soup
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.