As a teenager I used to make noodle omelet for myself and my youngest brother.
It’s been many years since I’ve made a big noodle omelet and in the last week I’ve received two ‘reminders’ to go for it.
- Instant noodles
- Canned red salmon
- Canned crab meat
- Smoked cheddar cheese
- Pouring cream
- Chilli flakes
- Boil some water
- Add the instant noodle flavour sachet to the boiling water
- Add the noodles
- After a couple of minutes add the canned red salmon and crab meat and turn off the heat
- Cook for another couple of minutes and break up the salmon with a wooden spoon
- Drain the noodles and the meat
- Beat a couple of eggs in a bowl and add a little cream
- Add the noodles and meat
- Mix it up and add some grated cheese plus the pepper and chilli flakes
- Add to a hot frying pan with sizzling butter
- Cook through
- Shoot photographs
- Eat the omelet
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
- Hope that people like and try the recipe
That reminds me this week’s favourite tweet is from Tara
— In The Taratory (@In_The_Taratory) November 3, 2014
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.
Later in the evening I watched the moon rise above Lake Ginninderra
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.