Rather than cook a Beef Wellington with the remaining puff pastry I used it to contain a chicken schnitzel (thigh meat).
While I love a good Beef Wellington, this Chicken Canberra was also pretty good.
Chicken Canberra as opposed to Beef Wellington
Recipe Type: Dinner
- Chicken Schnitzel (thigh meat)
- Puff pastry
- Streaky bacon
- Cook the chicken in a frying pan for five minutes each side and then allow to cool
- Place some streaky bacon on a sheet of puff pastry
- Lay on some avocado
- Lay on the chicken schnitzel
- Lay on more avocado
- Cover with more puff pastry
- Seal the gaps
- Brush with egg wash
- Cook at 200 °C for 1 hour
- Allow the Chicken Canberra to rest for 15 minutes and then slice
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the Chicken Canberra
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
If you have any comments or questions please send me a comment in the space below.
Please like the Yummy Lummy Facebook page
Please follow me on Instagram
Please follow Yummy Lummy and Gary on Twitter.