When I recently posted a meal with spam in it on instagram I received a lot of comments that Coles and Woolworths had cans of spam on special. As part of my Saturday routine grocery shopping I went for a look in the tinned meat aisle and found what I was looking for for my shelf of shame.
Annie and Lloyd are cooking tonight on MKR. The colour of the cooked hot and spicy spam reminds me of Annie’s blush.
I’ve only ever purchased the regular spam and never any of the fancy varieties. When I say fancy varieties I think in Australia there is only low sodium, hot and spicy and bacon spam.
So tonight I had a salmon fillet and I thought rather than fried rice I’d do spam and quinoa along with a refreshing salad.
- Hot and spicy spam
- Red onion
- Pomegranate arils
- Lime juice
- Cook the quinoa in chicken stock
- Cook the salmon in a really hot pan for five minutes with the lid on. Have the diced hot and spicy spam in the frying pan too
- Prepare the salad while the quinoa is cooking
- After the quinoa has drained and cooled add the hot and spicy spam
- Let the salmon rest
- Plate the salad
- Add the mixed quinoa and hot and spicy spam
- Place the salmon on top
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the dish
- Do the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)