Thank you Taryn @ The Wooden Spoons for nominating me for a Liebster Award. Taryn suggested at the end of her post that her nominees were under no obligation to pass this on, so I’ll make a compromise and answer the questions and share some random facts.
- Which post on your blog are you most proud of? I wrote a post a couple of years ago on the 10 year remembrance of the Bali bombings in 2002
- What is your current favourite blog that you read? It’s hard to say what my favourite blog is. Many of Taryn’s nominees I would include as well as Veronica from short and sweet, Lorraine from Not Quite Nigella and Hannah from wayfaringchocolate. One of the nice things about the Canberra food blogging scene is the sense of community we have. We have our own Facebook page and I love reading Canberra Food Blogger blogs 😀
- Where is the next restaurant that you would like to eat at? I’d like to try Biota in Bowral.
- If you had an unexpected free day what would you do? I’d go to Flue Bakery in Fyshwick and enjoy some pastries and cakes in the morning and then at lunch time enjoy some hot pies.
- What camera do you use to take your photos? At home I have a little ‘studio’ set up and I use my Nikon D7100 with a 40 mm macro or a Tamron 90 mm macro lens. When I’m in restaurants I tend to use my iPhone 6 Plus.
- What is your most disliked food? Green beans. They squeak on my teeth.
- What is the last thing that you ate? I just polished off a curried salmon with brown rice and coconut cream. I’ve posted an image below 😀
- Which country’s cuisine is your favourite? Australian everyday food although being Chinese I’m partial to Chinese food. My favourite meals are congee and wonton soup.
- Where would you like your next holiday to be? Hawaii so I can gorge on the spam repertoire.
- What movie did you last see and did you enjoy it? Last night I watched Star Trek Into Darkness. I love Star Trek and yesterday I did a binge watch of tribble associated episodes including episodes from The Original Series, The Animated Series, Deep Space 9 and of course from the Jar Jar Abrams universe, Star Trek Into darkness.
- What are your ambitions for your blog in 2015? I’d like to be able to blog daily.
Some random facts about me
- I can’t sing. In grade three my school’s music teacher told me I was the worst in the class. In Sunday school I was asked to mouth.
- I turn 50 this year.
- I have Ichthyosis vulgaris and irritable bowel syndrome.
- I was disqualified from a national science competition in 1982 because I used live animals in my experiments.
- I’ve owned three V8 Falcons and I before I die I want to own another V8 Ford whether it be a Mustang or a F250 pickup truck.
- My favourite car though was my 1978 CL Chrysler Regal with a 265 ci hemi.
- I look Chinese but I’m a fifth generation Australian. I speak with a broad strine that confounds some people.
Thanks again Taryn for the award
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.