Maple syrup flavoured bacon is a well known flavour combination, especially with pancakes, waffles or French toast.
What about adding maple syrup to spam?
I like a salad that has a little sweetness to it and tonight the only ‘dressing’ was some lemon juice and the cooking ‘juices’ from the oven cooked spam and bacon.
I really like the photograph. The colours came out nicely of the maple syrup flavoured bacon and spam salad. I did a bit of retouching in Adobe Lightroom.
If you click on the image you will be taken to an attachment page. Under the image on that page if you click on 2048 × 2048 you’ll be brought to the original image. Now if you have a nice big monitor, if you click once more on that image you’ll see a full resolution version and the detail is lovely.
- Spam with real Hormel® Bacon
- Streaky bacon
- Beetroot coleslaw
- Fried shallots
- Lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- Dice the bacon and spam and put into a baking tray
- Pour over the bacon and spam some maple syrup
- Cook the bacon and spam in an oven at 220 °C for 20 minutes
- Prepare a beetroot coleslaw and add some avocado and lemon juice
- When the spam and bacon are cooked add to the salad bowl and mix
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)