I thought cooking scrambled eggs by bain-marie like Heston was a little tedious. By chance I came across a YouTube video of Gordon Ramsay cooking scrambled eggs and tried it this morning for breakfast.
I found this method just as easy as Heston’s and less tedious and just as delicious.
When I tweeted this morning that I’d cooked the scrambled eggs Gordon Ramsay style, my friend Sonia asked if that meant that I swore my head off
@Yummy_Lummy Does Gordon Ramsay style mean you swear your f…ing head off as you cook them? Good morning Gary, It's your pay day. :-))
— Sonia E (@Sonia_with_an_i) February 25, 2015
Fortunately it was so easy I just cooked quietly while listening to 1206 2CC on the radio.
- Two eggs
- A good nob of butter
- A good dash of cream
- In a non-stick frying pan crack in the eggs, add the butter and the cream
- Turn on the heat to a medium level and start stirring
- As you stir gently break the yolks and combine the eggs, butter and cream
- As the eggs begin to do their thing and scramble take off the heat and keep stirring
- Put back on the keep and keep stirring
- If you’ve cooked enough scrambled eggs you’ll know when to take the pan off the heat knowing the eggs will continue to cook a little until to get the eggs onto a room temperature plate
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the eggs
- Wash the dishes
- Spend the day at work pondering how to write the blog post
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb) after dinner