As I continue my quinoa journey I was inspired by #MKR last night and made quinoa corn fritters for dinner tonight.
Last night on My Kitchen Rules, a couple of contestants made corn fritters. I thought I could do something similar with quinoa and made quinoa corn fritters.
These ones had my own special touch to them and I reckon tomorrow I’ll be thinking #ringoffire 😀
- Corn kernels
- Curry powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Chilli flakes
- Sliced red chilli
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- In a small saucepan cook ⅓ cup of cleaned quinoa in ⅔ cup water. Boil for 10 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat with the lid on and rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add some corn kernels, the quinoa, a couple of dessert spoons of plain flour, a teaspoon or two of curry powder, a good few grinds of pepper, 1 beaten egg, shredded mint, shredded coriander, a dessert spoon of chilli flakes, a sliced red chilli, the zest of a lemon, and the juice of a lemon.
- Mix thoroughly and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- In a frying pan add a thin layer of grape seed oil and a big nob of butter. If you’re a hippy you can use some coconut oil but I have no idea if that’s any better than grape seed oil and butter or beef dripping or lard.
- When the oil and butter is hot add dollops of the quinoa corn fritter mix
- Fry each side for about 2 minutes
- Drain on some absorbent paper
- Plate up with some olives and a stuffed pepper
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Then eat the cronut
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
and after the hot and spicy quinoa corn fritters, it’s time for a caramel popcorn cronut from Ricardo’s Cafe in Jamison.