So tonight I cooked quinoa in lamb fat. I’ve cooked this superfood now in pork fat, chicken fat and with a nice piece of salmon which has a little fat. To complete all the major food groups (fish, poultry, lamb/goat, pork and beef) I have to cook quinoa in cow fat. That will happen but not yet.
I used a small roll of deboned lamb shoulder for dinner tonight. I also served the dish with chips or potato crisps for my English friends.
When I’ve visited the USA I’ve noticed that many places serve potato chips (crisps) with the evening meal. Not hot chips (fries for my US friends) but chips from a packet. Today I had one of those days. By the end I wanted to poke my eyes out. I ended up eating a couple of small bags of potato chips and as I was finishing them at my desk I thought I’d like some with dinner.
- Potato chips
- Cook the lamb in a low oven with the quinoa in the baking tray with some water
- I cook the lamb at 150 °C for 45 minutes and let the meat rest for 15 minutes
- Once the meat is out of the oven lift the meat out and put it onto a plate to rest
- Spoon out the quinoa and mix it with an equal amount of coleslaw and add diced avocado
- Sadly the avocado was a Shepard which sucks, Shepard avocados are awful compared with Hass
- Plate up the coleslaw quinoa mix
- When the meat has rested untie it and then slice the meat and serve
- Add some potato chips
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes and put the rest of the meat in the refrigerator
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
So do you serve chips with your dinner meals? Do you like lamb fat cooking?
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.