It’s no secret that I like KFC. I’ve enjoyed Kentucky Fried Chicken and KFC for as long as I can remember, even during the 1970s and 1980s when there were rumours that some restaurants used cat instead of chicken. I wonder how Colonel Sanders would feel about a quinoa and KFC casserole. I hope he’d be happy about my making a superfood more super. I’ll let you ponder which item is the superfood
- White wine
- Lemon juice
- Tomatoes (2)
- I cooked this in a casserole
- I had the oven at 150 °C and cooked everything for about 2 hours
- I sautéed the onion and leek and added the mixture to diced carrot and celery in the casserole
- I broke up the meat from the chicken and added it
- I added the quinoa uncooked (I had about ½ cup)
- I chopped the tomatoes and added them
- I added the lemon juice, a cup of white wine and enough water to see it peeking through
- I covered the casserole with some baking paper before adding the lid (I do this because I’m lazy and don’t like cleaning the lid, i.e., I don’t like scrubbing the lid
- At the end of cooking I shredded some parsley and tossed it in and mixed it through
- I should have added some coconut cream but I have left overs so I’ll do that another time
- I plated it up with some coleslaw vegetables
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal and ponder how it could be better
- Wash the dishes
- Post the photograph to social media and note the comments asking for the recipe
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
I like adding anchovies to dishes.
A friend from work gave me some homemade quince paste so I ate it as part of a snack with blue cheese, figs and honey.
So have you ever used KFC in a recipe? How about a KFC casserole?