Mmm…pulled chicken! Pulled meats are so popular now especially pork and beef.
Last week I posted on a KFC quinoa casserole and shared to Twitter, Facebook and Google+. After I shared to twitter my friend Kate (Star Trek podcaster and aficionado extraordinaire) asked if I had included gherkins. I hadn’t but the KFC Australia twitter account claimed it would like to see a version with a gherkin.
— KFC Australia (@KFCAustralia) March 22, 2015
The next night I responded after preparing a bowl of KFC quinoa casserole with a gherkin.
Here is the photograph of the gherkin surprise in the KFC quinoa casserole
Kate suggested I further explore KFC menu ideas and mentioned pulled chicken wraps.
Over the last few days I’ve experimented a little with dijon quinoa wraps in various forms. I published a post earlier on my experiments. It’s mainly photographs but worth a look.
- Chicken Maryland piece
- Dijon mustard
- Spinach leaves
- Chard (beetroot) leaves
- Helga wraps
- Sweet chili sauce
- In a baking tray add some quinoa and water
- Add the chicken on a rack and put in the baking tray
- Cook the chicken and quinoa at 150 °C for 1 hour
- Allow the chicken to rest for 20 minutes
- Spoon out the quinoa and mix some dijon mustard with a few dessert spoons of quinoa
- Pull the meat apart from the piece of chicken
- Prepare a bread wrap
- Lay on a layer of spinach leaves and chard
- Add some chicken meat
- Add some dijon quinoa
- Add some sweet chili sauce
- Roll up the wrap
- Cut and shoot a photograph
- Eat the wrap
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
To view larger versions of the images in the gallery, click on an image and the gallery will popup. Please feel free to write a comment on the images.