During the ten days travelling through Oahu, Hawaii I didn’t have any quinoa. Quinoa makes a return to my diet tonight. What better way to enjoy quinoa than with roast Chicken Maryland.
Delicious roasted Chicken Maryland can be made better by cooking quinoa in the baking tray and incorporating the cooking juices from the chicken.
- Chicken Maryland
- Coon tasty cheese slice
- Mixed dried herbs
- Golden syrup
- Black ground pepper
- Kale coleslaw
- Jalapeño pepper sliced
- Pour some quinoa in the bottom of a baking tray and add a cup of water
- Put a rack in the baking tray and lay on a Chicken Maryland
- Put a slice of cheese on the chicken and add some pepper and mixed dried herbs plus a squirt of golden syrup
- Cook the chook in an oven at 150 °C for 1 hour
- Rest the chook for 20 minutes after it has been cooking for an hour
- While the chook is resting prepare the kale coleslaw and mix in the quinoa and some grated cheese
- Plate up and add a dollop of mayonnaise
- Slice a jalapeño pepper for some added zing
- Lay over the Kale coleslaw a delicious roasted Chicken Maryland
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Post process the photograph
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
The chicken skin ends up being succulent and crispy. The meat is moist, juicy and tender. The dark chicken meat goes so well with some mayonnaise, it’s like having an open sandwich with shredded chicken meat.
The quinoa adds a lovely nuttiness to the kale coleslaw while the jalapeño pepper adds a real zing.
So quinoa makes a return to my meal planning. Do you like quinoa?
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.