Please forgive me I wanted a catchy title. I know full well the majority of earthlings do not share my love for tinned corned beef or SPAM®. In fact some people have made quite gross comments. I don’t care, I like tinned meat products.
Tonight I wanted something to make my quinoa exciting. I had some leftover quinoa from last night’s delicious roasted chicken Maryland (you know, cooked in the cooking juices of the chicken) that I had mixed with arborio rice.
Tonight’s meal is simply curried tinned corned beef bulked up with quinoa and rice and served on a bed of coleslaw. I also added some cheese and green peppercorns for some extra zing.
Probably the only decent thing to come out of New Zealand is this corned beef (apart from cousins and close friends who happened by chance to be born there…)
- Leftover quinoa and rice
- Tinned corned beef
- Tin of green peppercorns
- Worcestershire sauce
- Curry powder
- Red chili for garnish
- Fry up the corned beef and add the curry powder
- Add some Worcestershire sauce
- When the corned beef starts to stick to the frying pan add the quinoa and rice and stir through
- Again get the corned beef and the rice sticking to the pan and then add some cream
- Add the tin of green peppercorns
- Put some coleslaw on a plate
- Add the corned beef and add some cheese
- Garnish with the red chili