Today is the last day of Autumn, tomorrow Winter starts officially. When I woke up at about 4 am it was close to zero degrees Celsius. I went out for a walk and spent the time thinking of tonight’s roast lamb shoulder.
- Butterflied shoulder of lamb
- Rosemary cut from the roadside
- Lime wedges
- Flat mushrooms
- Grape seed oil
- Brussels sprouts
- In a baking tray add the meat, cut onions, lime wedges, rosemary sprigs and mushrooms
- Add salt and pepper
- Cover the baking tray with aluminium foil and make a tight seal
- Put into an oven at 150 °C for 3 hours
- Wrap the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts in aluminium foil along with some olive oil and wait for 2 hours before putting it into the oven with the meat
- At the 3 hour mark remove the meat and vegetables
- Let everything rest at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Carve the meat
- Plate up
- Save the rest of the meat and vegetables for work lunch
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (Verb)
The meat should just melt in your mouth. I could have added some bacon pieces to the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts but you don’t want too much of a good thing.
So what else did I do today. Well after a walk and breakfast I went in to work to do something for tomorrow. In the afternoon I ironed and watched Star Trek The Next Generation episodes from season 5.
This magpie was puffing up at me
She was still warm. I knew someone in the Northern Territory who would take road kill and cook it for friends and family.
This swan just walked right up towards me
Breakfast after the walk around Lake Ginninderra
After a morning at work I made a corned beef wrap
So how did you spend your Sunday? Did you have a roast lamb shoulder?