Prawns are not cheap but they are tasty and with a low carb dish in mind I wanted something a little different from beef, lamb, poultry and pork. I will have salmon early next week and so I thought another seafood option for a quick and easy dinner would be a creamy garlic prawns dish.
As much as I like garlic I rarely cook with it. I can always tell when I’m emitting a strong garlic odour and in deference to the people around me I usually refrain. Tonight though these prawns needed a little kick of flavour and garlic would do that.
- Green uncooked prawns
- Lemon juice
- White wine
- Almond flakes
- In a bowl marinade the prawns with some crushed garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil for 1 hour (or overnight in the refrigerator)
- In a hot pan heat up some oil and butter to the point where the butter bubbles
- Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes
- Turn down the heat and add a splash of white wine and a splash of cream, cook for 1 minute
- Take off the heat and add the parsley and almond flakes plus some grated parmesan
- Pour into a shallow bowl and a shoot a photograph
- Eat the prawns
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
These garlic prawns were really very nice and so quick and easy to make. If you prepare the prawns the night before you can have them waiting for you to cook after returning home from work. If I wasn’t eating low carb, a nice piece of crusty bread would be great with this, perhaps even some cheese toast. An alternative would be to serve them with a little rice and/or quinoa.