I think I have a new Sunday ritual*. I’m becoming addicted to slowly roasting a shoulder of lamb each Sunday. The roasting meat fills my apartment with a gorgeous rich meaty aroma and my hunger builds with the smells.
- Shoulder of lamb (this one was 0.8 kg)
- Brussels sprouts[cap id=”attachment_12304″ align=”alignnone” width=”980″][img src=”http://yummylummy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-06-12_16.56.20_001_GARY_LUM_FB-1024×683.jpg” width=”980″ height=”654″ class=” size-large” title=”Brussels sprouts” alt=”A close up of Brussels sprouts”]Brussels sprouts close up[/cap]
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C
- In a casserole suspend the meat on a [url href=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivet” target=”_blank”]trivet[/url]
- Put into the oven for 2 hours
- At the 2 hour mark add a slice of pumpkin and the Brussels sprouts
- At the 3 hour mark remove the casserole from the oven and allow the meat to rest for 20 minutes
- Carve enough meat for a meal and keep the rest for lunches
- Plate up and shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
For lunch I made a salmon and avocado lettuce wrap which I spiced up with a jalapeño pepper.
How do you like to cook shoulder of lamb?
*The current Sunday ritual is ironing my shirts and watching an episode of Star Trek.