What do you do with leftover rice and quinoa from last night’s meal? You add some kale and make a fried rice with quinoa and kale dinner. It’s quick and easy and dirties only one pan.
- [url href=”http://yummylummy.com/2015/06/26/baked-salmon-with-rice-and-quinoa/” target=”_blank”]Leftover rice and quinoa[/url]
- [cap id=”attachment_12463″ align=”alignnone” width=”1024″][url href=”undefined”][img src=”http://yummylummy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-06-26_17.57.25_002_GARY_LUM_FB.jpg” width=”1024″ height=”683″ class=” size-full” title=”Baked salmon with rice and quinoa” alt=”Low fat baked salmon with rice and quinoa”][/url]Low fat baked salmon with rice and quinoa[/cap]
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Golden syrup
- In a frying pan add 15 mL of olive oil and heat up
- Add the cold rice and quinoa and heat up
- Chop coarsely some kale, mint and parsley and add to the frying pan
- As the greens wilt add some soy sauce and a little golden syrup
- Serve in a bowl and shoot a photograph
- Eat with chopsticks
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
This was a really nice light meal. Vegetarian too. Who would have thought it? Meatless Saturday night. I’ve only eaten one meat meal today and that was lunch when I had some smoked salmon on VitaWeat. I also had some low fat vegemite too.
For breakfast I had low fat yoghurt with some raspberries.