I had a long day but a good day. I feel mentally exhausted. I had a skinless chicken thigh thawing in the refrigerator and I thought the easy thing would be to make a warm chicken salad. To keep it easy so I could catch up on work e-mail I decided to cook the chicken in the oven rather than fry it.
To keep the chicken moist I wrapped it in aluminium foil along with some lemon wedges. To make it spicy I used a handful of chili flakes.
- Skinless chicken thigh
- Salad leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chili flakes
- Lemon wedges
- Rub the chicken with some oil and chili flakes
- Wrap in some aluminium foil along with some lemon wedges
- Put in a benchtop oven at 200 °C for 1 hour
- Prepare some salad leaves and halve some cherry tomatoes
- When the chicken is cooked allow it to rest for 10 minutes
- Cut into small pieces and toss in the salad leaves
- Add a dollop of low fat yoghurt and beetroot dip
- Shoot a photograph and eat
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
I hope you like this simple recipe. Please leave a comment if you try it and like my quick and easy warm chicken salad.