Happy Spring everyone. If only the subzero temperatures in the morning would stop and it would become warm and moist. Sadly that won’t happen anytime soon. Apparently this year has seen a net reduction in the population of Canberra (Australian Capital Territory). There’s lots of speculation on talk back radio with much of the blame being sheeted home to the increasing cost of living. I reckon it’s the weather. I’m not about to leave yet. I love my job, I like the people, I like that Canberra is a small quiet well laid out country town with no traffic and good restaurants. I hate the weather though and I’ll happily retire somewhere warmer closer to the ocean.
So for Spring breakfast I ate a plain bagel with vegemite and marmalade.
For lunch I was meant to eat Courtney with a mate but he was called away at the last moment so I ended up eating smoked salmon and salad leaves and then had a nutella cheesecake for lunch dessert.
For dinner I made baked Parmesan salmon on a slab of potato and served with some potato chips and steamed honey vegetables.
- Fillet of salmon
- Frozen vegetables
- Cut up the spud and put into the oven to make hot chips
- Use two rectangular prisms of potato as a bed for the salmon
- After 40 minutes of baking place the salmon fillet on slabs of potato and cook for 12 minutes at 200 °C
- Steam the vegetables and stir in some honey
- Plate up and shoot a photograph
- Eat dinner
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)