Fried chicken quinoa rice and kale just sounds so yummy doesn’t it? What could be better than combining quinoa and kale superfoods. Okay so I’m being a little facetious. I do like quinoa and kale. Mixing them together with other yummy stuff just makes for a perfect meal for one which is quick and easy to put together.
- Skinless chicken thigh
- Almond flakes
- Fried shallots
- Red onion
- Low fat coconut milk
- Red capsicum
- Bake the chicken in foil at 220 °C for 40 minutes and then slice up thinly
- Wilt shredded kale in a frying pan with oil
- Add the shredded chicken
- Add the cooked quinoa and rice
- Add the capsicum
- Stir fry everything until it’s cooked through
- Add the flaked almonds and fried shallots
- Add a good slug of low fat coconut milk and let it incorporate into the rice
- Turn off the heat and stir in the fennel and red onion
- Plate up and garnish with chives and parsley
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the bowl of food
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
What did you cook for dinner tonight? Would you have quinoa rice?
If you want to see the photographs as a gallery click here. Click on one image to see it full size. To see the EXIF data (including a map if the photograph was geotagged) click on the information (i) icon in the top right corner. You can navigate through the gallery using the arrow keys or by swiping if you’re using a tablet or smartphone.
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.