Tonight I made some baked salmon and served it with noodles. These weren’t just any noodles though, I made them with quinoa, kale, coconut milk, aioli, wasabi, cheddar cheese, chilli flakes, cracked pepper, basil, spring onions, fried shallots and dill.
I now have the baked salmon down pat. Twelve minutes at 200 °C in a benchtop oven gives me a perfect result every time. I wanted it tonight to go with a nice creamy noodle base. I thought about flaking the salmon but I just put the fillet on top of the noodles and ate it with chopsticks and a Chinese spoon. You can see a video of how I ate it below.
- Salmon 1 fillet
- Noodles 1 pack of instant noodles
- Quinoa ¼ cup
- Kale 3 stems
- Coconut milk 150 mL
- Aioli 2 tablespoons
- Wasabi 5 cm from a tube
- Shredded cheddar cheese 50 grams
- Chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
- Cracked pepper ½ teaspoon
- Basil 10 leaves shredded
- Spring onions sliced stems
- Fried shallots 100 grams
- Dill a couple of sprigs
- Boil some water
- Add quinoa and cook for 5 minutes
- Add shredded kale and cook for 5 minutes
- Add a pack of instant noodles and cook for 5 minutes
- Strain the noodles
- Put back onto the heat and add coconut milk, aioli, wasabi, cheese, chilli flakes, cracked pepper and stir off the heat until thick and creamy
- bake the salmon for 12 minutes at 200 °C
- Plate up and garnish with the basil, spring onions and dill
Watch me eat my baked salmon and noodles
Earlier today I had a Queensland nut tart with a coffee from Urban Bean Espresso Bar.
Last night I had baked salmon, sweet corn and aioli wasabi avocado. You can see the pickled onions I made on Sunday afternoon.