This morning when I went grocery shopping I saw some prawns and thought why not. Tonight I made prawns with ginger quinoa fried rice and kale.
I had some leftover quinoa rice which would be perfect for fried rice.
- Fresh green prawns with the tails still attached 250 grams
- Fresh kale 1 cup shredded
- Leftover quinoa rice ½ cup
- Buderim Ginger Factory ginger marmalade 1 tablespoon
- Flaked almonds
- Fried shallots
- Tomato sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Chilli flakes
- Soy sauce
- Red onion
- Marinade the prawns with the tomato, barbecue and sweet chilli sauces and chilli flakes for an hour
- Sautée the prawns in a hot frying pan
- Remove from the heat and set the prawns aside
- Wilt the kale in the frying pan and then set aside with the prawns
- Fry the quinoa rice and add some soy sauce
- Add the flaked almonds and fried shallots
- Add the prawns and kale and stir through
- Plate up
- Shoot a photograph
- Set up the time lapse for the eating video
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
It’s a pretty simple recipe and it makes a really delicious meal.
Watch me eat my meal
This morning I went for a walk around Lake Ginninderra. I had hoped to have a milkshake at Heather’s House of Cake but it was closed for a private function. I may have to go there tomorrow. It was fairly overcast but the water was very still.
I used a 24–240 mm f/3.5–f/6.3 zoom lens. This zoomed in shot captured the trees on the north shore nicely.
Today there were a couple of pelicans on the lake. I was able to get up close to this one.
After lunch I made lunch which was a salmon rissole, baked beans, fried egg and avocado.
Do you reckon you’d enjoy prawns with ginger quinoa fried rice and kale?
If you want to see the photographs as a gallery click here. Click on one image to see it full size. To see the EXIF data (including a map if the photograph was geotagged) click on the information (i) icon in the top right corner. You can navigate through the gallery using the arrow keys or by swiping if you’re using a tablet or smartphone.