A lot of my friends in university ate a lot of instant noodles instead of proper meals. I’ve seen documentaries where instant noodles form the basis of a whole cuisine for some people. I like them but I don’t love them. That said, I always have some in the shelf of shame because they’re cheap and I couldn’t be bothered buying fancy noodles.
Tonight I baked some salmon, flaked it and added it to some noodles for a filling meal for one.
- Salmon 1 fillet with the skin on
- Kale coleslaw from Coles
- Yoghurt with chia
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- [url href=”http://yummylummy.com/2015/10/23/perfectly-baked-salmon/” target=”_blank”]Bake the salmon[/url]
- When it’s cool enough to touch flake the salmon
- Make the noodles as per the packet instructions
- As the noodles are cooked add a handful of kale coleslaw
- Drain the noodles and vegetables and put them in a bowl
- Add the flaked salmon, yoghurt, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Stir carefully to avoid breaking up the noodles
- Put into a nice bowl and garnish with parsley
- Shoot a photograph
- Record a time-lapse video as you eat
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
So here is a video of me eating my baked Salmon and noodles
Here is the finished meal
This morning I enjoyed a cheese and kale omelet for breakfast
I said hello to Mr Pelican again on Lake Ginninderra
For lunch I had some smoked salmon and spinach leaves
I hope you had a good Sunday
How often do you eat instant noodles?
If you want to see the photographs as a gallery click here. Click on one image to see it full size. To see the EXIF data (including a map if the photograph was geotagged) click on the information (i) icon in the top right corner. You can navigate through the gallery using the arrow keys or by swiping if you’re using a tablet or smartphone.
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.