One of my most visited posts is Delicious Chicken Maryland recipe, it got me thinking that chicken fat is a great flavour enhancer. So how do you make kale and quinoa taste better? You cook it in chicken fat.
- 1 Chicken Maryland
- 50 g white quinoa
- 50 g shredded kale
- Chicken salt
- Cracked black pepper
- In the bottom of a hand made aluminium foil bowl add the quinoa and kale and a small amount of water
- Lay the Chicken Maryland on top and add some chicken salt and cracked black pepper
- Bake at 200 °C for 1 hour
- Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes after it’s finished baking
- Plate up and shoot a photograph
- Capture a time-lapse video while eating the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
One of the things I learnt from my cooking class at 3 Seeds Cooking School was using aluminium foil to shroud and protect meat. It got me thinking that I could use aluminium foil to fashion a ‘bowl’ of sorts to capture the tasty salty oily chicken fat from a piece of Chicken Maryland as it cooks. To put that fat to good use, the bowl can contain vegetables or grains that can absorb the tasty goodness of the chicken fat.
It’s so simple to do and makes for a delicious accompaniment to my baked chicken.
and yes after I stopped the time-lapse I picked up the bone and gnawed off all the meat.
How would you make kale and quinoa taste better?