Tonight I wanted something quick and easy so I decided on red curry prawns with udon noodles. Again this was an Asian inspired creation with some European elements like tasty mature cheese and Greek yoghurt.
Red curry prawns with udon noodles, quinoa, and kale
- 90 grams [url href=”http://yummylummy.com/2015/10/31/garlic-prawns-and-bacon-with-udon-noodles/” target=”_blank”]Udon noodles[/url]
- 200 grams raw peeled prawns
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 100 grams mixed quinoa
- 100 grams shredded kale
- 100 grams parsley chopped fine
- 100 grams mint leaves chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 100 millilitres light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded mature tasty cheese
- Cook the [url href=”http://yummylummy.com/2015/10/31/garlic-prawns-and-bacon-with-udon-noodles/” target=”_blank”]udon noodles[/url] as [url href=”http://www.hakubaku.com/en/” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]per the package[/url]
- Cook the quinoa along with the udon noodles
- In a hot frying pan or wok fry off the prawns lightly with tomato sauce and sweet chilli sauce
- Take the prawns off the heat and transfer to a bowl while half cooked
- At the end of the udon noodles cooking add the kale and then strain
- Add the udon noodles, quinoa and kale to the hot frying pan and stir in the prawns
- Add the Greek yoghurt and coconut milk
- Add everything else except the cheese and half the chopped parsley and mint
- take the pan off the heat and then add the cheese and stir through
- Plate up and garnish with the mint and parsley
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat while recording a [url href=”https://vimeo.com/144960844″ target=”_blank”]time-lapse video[/url] of the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
These red curry prawns are pretty tasty. This dish was so quick and easy to make and so filling.
I’ve enjoyed a pretty filling food day.
For breakfast I went to SPACE Kitchen in Woden.
I had the Space Benedict which consisted of two poached eggs with a beetroot reduction Hollandaise sauce and a pulled pork croquette.
I also enjoyed an Oreo peppermint milkshake. The crumbed Oreo was fine enough to come up the straw. It was really good.
After breakfast I went for a walk around Lake Ginninderra.
For lunch I toasted a bread roll and enjoyed a wasabi aioli avocado sandwich with red onion and wasabi sesame seeds.
For those studying for examinations. All the best.