I know these recipes are becoming a little repetitious. My aim is to partly food log what I’ve eaten and partly to build up a bank of easy go to recipes for readers who live alone and want something relatively easy to prepare and mostly quick and simple. Tonight I felt like some fried brown rice to go with my salmon.
- 1 Coles supermarket packet of Brown rice and red quinoa
- 1 cup of Shredded kale
- 1 fillet of Atlantic salmon
- ½ cup frozen peas and corn
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- ¼ cup raw chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- [url href=”http://bit.ly/perfectlybakedsalmon” target=”_blank”]Bake salmon[/url]
- Cook brown rice and red quinoa as per package instructions (cook in microwave oven for 90 seconds)
- In a hot frying pan add some olive oil or butter
- Wilt the shredded kale in the frying pan and then add the rice and quinoa
- Fry off until hot
- Add the frozen peas and corn
- Add the chilli flakes
- Add the soy sauce
- Turn off the heat
- Flake the salmon and add
- Add the raw red onion and chopped parsley and stir through
- Plate up and shoot a photograph
- Capture a [url href=”https://vimeo.com/145243381″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]time-lapse video[/url] while eating
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
Fried brown rice with red quinoa and salmon and kale
For dessert I enjoyed some fresh Northern Territory (Katherine) Kensington Pride mango and some Weis’ pineapple, coconut and lime sorbet.
For lunch I had something light and sweet, viz., passionfruit
I had an awful sleep last night. I woke up at 3 am and then couldn’t get back to sleep. I really needed coffee. Do you like my new nonwork business cards?
I hope you had a good day. Good night
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.