How do you pronounce quinoa? I say KEEN-wah. I expect there are many variations. One Australian satirical blog however reckons it is officially pronounced as Wan-Ker. In a satirical dig at the superfood and its devotees this blog likened quinoa lovers with bearded hipsters in coffee joints. It’s also taken aim at kale before too.
In an act of defiance I ate quinoa and kale tonight. To enhance my left-leaning green credentials my quinoa and kale along with brown rice were part of a leftover meal (see what I did there? Recycling!). I bet you never thought you’d read “left-leaning green credentials” in a Yummy Lummy post did you? I can do satire too
And to further demonstrate I’m in touch with my inner self, I ate baked beans and Worcestershire sauce on toast for breakfast because you know baked beans make you fart and the more you fart the better you feel, so baked beans should be had every meal!!!
If I write fart in a blog post should I add NSFW to the title?
The real reason for tonight’s post though is to share some Canberra Food Blogger link love. Please check out these blog posts which have all been written in the last week. I like that there are a few guest posts written by Canberra Food Bloggers on other Canberra Food Blogger’s blogs! So cool.
- Michele https://fineeating.wordpress.com/2015/11/16/taste-of-bangladesh-manuka-an-easy-dinner-party-take-away-option/
- Rose http://www.travelandbeyond.org/2015/11/18/dream-cuisine-patisserie/
- Erin http://dreamingofalmonds.com/2015/11/22/recipe-toasted-oat-hazelnut-and-cacao-granola-with-rosewater/
- Yes another Erin https://thefakerybakeryblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/21/naked-chocolate-whiskey-and-maple-soaked-fig-cake/
- Kirsty via Serina http://msfrugalears.com/2015/11/20/5-friday-red-thai-curry-meatballs/
- Elissa http://fivebeansfood.com/2015/11/21/green-tea-and-white-chocolate-energy-balls/
- Bec http://inexplicablewanderlust.com/2015/11/17/white-rabbit/
- Shari and Tenele http://www.hungryplanetblog.com/2015/11/project-united-kitchens-croatian.html
- Anna http://shenannagans.com/healing-happiness-raw-vegan-strawberry-bliss-balls/
And of course I know the real reason why you want to read this post…it’s so you can watch me eat my dinner
Do you prefer YouTube or Vimeo?
Baked salmon with leftover fried quinoa rice with kale and garlic prawns