Roasted Chicken Maryland with roast beetroot, corn and quinoa was my dinner tonight. For an added twist I cooked the chicken in a pool of beef stock from my super delicious roast beef (because I like fusion cuisine ).
- Chicken Maryland 1 piece
- Beetroot I about 250 grams
- Sweet corn 1 cob
- Tricolour quinoa 100 grams
- Beef stock 250 mL (with fat)
- Heat the oven to 150 °C
- Pour the stock including the fat that has solidified in the refrigerator to a baking tray
- Place the chicken in the middle of the baking tray
- Add the quinoa to the stock
- Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 1 hour
- Wet the sweet corn and wrap in aluminium foil and put into the oven for 1 hour
- Peel the beetroot and add some golden syrup and wrap in aluminium foil and put into the oven for 1 hour
- Plate everything up and shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal and ponder just how red my faeces will be in the morning
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
This was a very satisfying meal. No greens though. I should have thought that through some more
Of course I posted the photograph to Facebook and other social media platforms. Part of the Facebook conversation revolved around my interest in the way the beetroot (yes I ate the whole beetroot) will change the colour of my faeces in the morning. Will I shoot a photograph?
Do you like roast beetroot?