How to make a pie floater? A cook’s hack! I recently made a version of Greg’s creamy caper sauce from Greg’s Kitchen. Today I made another of Greg’s creations, viz., a pie floater.
Fair enough I didn’t make the mashed potato with mine. I couldn’t be bothered cooking spuds and mashing them.
I also didn’t cook my pie in the microwave oven. I much prefer conventional oven cooked pies.
How to make a pie floater? A cook’s hack!
Recipe Type: Lunch
- Frozen peas
- Gravox brown onion gravy
- Garlo’s beef and mushroom pie
- Cook the pie in an oven at 200 °C for 25 minutes
- Make up a cup of instant gravy
- Make the mushy peas with butter in the microwave oden
- Put most of the peas in a bowl
- Put the pie on top
- Add the remaining peas onto the pie
- In a perfect world you would add mashed potatoes on top too
- Pour gravy into the bowl and over the pie
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the pie floater
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
Now I just need to buy a fair dinkum pie floater for comparison.
Have you had a pie floater?