A weekend recovery is what I needed. I’ve recently spent two weeks in Manila for work and ended up getting respiratory and gastrointestinal illnesses. Suffice to say I still have a hacking cough which has also given me a sore back and my bowels still feel a little delicate although I feel a lot better now that I can control what I’m eating and breathing fresh air.
On Thursday night I watched Maeve O’Meara on Food Safari on SBS and she did a segment on Pialligo Estate artisan bacon. It’s my favourite bacon. It’s also local bacon smoked in Canberra. I decided I buy some for the weekend.
Friday night I made myself chicken thigh schnitzel burger inspired by Hilah Johnson.
For Saturday breakfast I made myself a Pialligo Estate streaky bacon and fried egg roll.
For lunch I felt like some raw onion and coleslaw with cream cheese
For dinner I made a chicken schnitzel sandwich.
I felt well enough on Sunday to go for a walk around Lake Ginninderra
But for breakfast I had some melted cheese on toast
For lunch after I did my ironing and watched an episode of Star Trek TNG I made myself a Pialligo Estate streaky bacon cheeseburger
For dinner on Sunday I slowly roasted some blade beef with some quinoa and vegetables. I had enough left over for two more meals.
The meat just fell apart as I pressed down with my knife.
How often do you need a weekend recovery?
Monday link love
It’s been awhile since I’ve done this properly. Each Monday the members of the Canberra Food Bloggers Facebook group share blog posts. Today here is a selection of those shared.
- Rose | Enlighten 2016 – Culture and Creativity Illuminate Canberra | http://www.travelandbeyond.org/2016/03/06/enlighten-2016/
- Kirsty | Chicken Pizza Scrolls | http://makeitbakeitsnapit.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/chicken-pizza-scrolls.html
- Elissa | Green tea and red bean cream layer cake | http://fivebeansfood.com/2016/03/05/green-tea-and-red-bean-cream-layer-cake/
- Caiti | Night Noodle Markets, Enlighten, 2016 | http://plantfuelledchaos.com/2016/03/06/night-noodle-markets-enlighten-2016/
- Liz | Rice pudding with orange blossom, rose water, and scented geranium | http://www.bizzylizzysgoodthings.com/blog/rice-pudding-with-orange-blossom-rose-water-and-scented-geranium
- Bec | Sweet potato, rocket and feta salad with walnut and black olive | http://insearchofgoldenpudding.com/2016/03/05/sweet-potato-rocket-and-feta-salad/
- Kaet | Enlighten noodle market: Miss Van’s street food | http://www.sofrank.com.au/eats/miss-vans-street-food/
- Lisa | Our Carnival Legend Cruise – The Details | http://bakebikeblog.com/2016/03/our-carnival-legend-cruise-highlights.html/
- Christine | Superfoods for kids Blueberry icy poles | http://www.foodwinetravel.com.au/food/recipes/savoury-dishes/superfoods-for-kids-blueberry-icy-poles/