Today is Canberra Day. Canberra Day is a public holiday held on the second Monday of March. The day is meant to celebrate the naming of Canberra as the Australian capital. The first day was on 12 March 1913 and the naming was officiated by Lady Denman the wife of the then Governor-General, Lord Denman.
It worked out well for me. My flight from Brisbane yesterday was delayed and I didn’t get back to my apartment until after sunset. I hadn’t done any washing, ironing, cleaning or grocery shopping. Canberra Day 2016 was like a Saturday. A day to catch up on work e-mail and do some housework.
I managed to get a walk in and some cooking.
Monday Link Love
Every Monday members of the Canberra Food Bloggers Facebook Group have an opportunity to share a post from their blogs. I like to list those that have been shared. Please check them out.
- Serena | In my kitchen | http://anythingbuttoast.com/In
- Elias | $14 Polish dumpling dinner at the Polish White Eagle Club | http://cbrfoodie.org/2016/03/10/14-polish-dumpling-dinner-at-the-polish-white-eagle-club-in-turner-canberra/
- Kate | Enlighten night noodle market | http://www.sofrank.com.au/eats/miss-vans-street-food/
- Liz | The simple art of cooking steak | http://www.bizzylizzysgoodthings.com/blog/the-simple-art-of-cooking-steak
- Serina | $5 Friday Hot hippie bake | http://msfrugalears.com/2016/03/11/5-friday-hot-chippie-bake/
- Elissa | In my kitchen Green theme | http://fivebeansfood.com/2016/03/10/in-my-kitchen-march-2016-green/
- Amelia | A night at Lilotang | http://eatcanberra.com.au/2016/03/13/a-night-at-lilotang/