My version of quinoa chicken fat risotto is not really a risotto at all. In many ways it’s more like a congee but I was inspired to call it a risotto after an old friend from the Northern Territory sent me a text message over the weekend about the NRL.
Anthony Draper is a medical laboratory scientist who now works as an Australian Food Network (OzFoodNet) epidemiologist in Darwin. I met Drapes (as he is known) when he began in Katherine at the Katherine Hospital. We had a small pathology laboratory there and when I used to visit as the supervising pathologist we would always make a thing of morning tea and lunch. I even went to the extent of buying them a large George Foreman grill so we could enjoy barbecued meats and other treats. Even one of our vegetarian colleagues happily made tofu kebabs and grilled them. Anyway one of Drapes’ special treats was what he named Drapotto, a dish named after himself. Drapotto was made with rice and a lot of cheese and made in a microwave oven. My understanding of risotto and those who specialise in the preparation of fine cuisine is that a microwave oven is anathema.
So tonight as I make Yumotto I salute my mate Drapes and Drapotto.
- Chicken Maryland
- [url href=”http://yummylummy.com/2016/03/26/succulent-slow-roasted-rib-eye-beef/” target=”_blank”]Cooked quinoa rice[/url]
- Coon cheese
- Chilli diced
- The recipe relies on previously cooked quinoa rice
- Check out the recipe for [url href=”http://yummylummy.com/2016/03/26/succulent-slow-roasted-rib-eye-beef/” target=”_blank”]roast beef[/url] from last night
- In a pyrex bowl lined with baking paper add the cold but cooked quinoa rice that has absorbed a huge amount of beef fat
- Add some water to the quinoa rice
- Overlay the quinoa rice with a Chicken Maryland piece
- Cook for 1 hour at 175 °C
- When cooked fork through the quinoa rice and add the [url href=”http://coon.com.au/” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Coon cheese[/url]
- Stir until it has the consistency of risotto
- Plate up
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal of chicken Yumotto
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
If you click on the photograph below a Flikr album will open which you can scroll through.
Before lunch I went for a walk around Lake Ginninderra. I had some fun with the free Nik software from Google which I downloaded yesterday. If you click on the photograph below a Flikr album will open which you can scroll through.
For lunch I made a Garlo’s beef and mushroom meat pie with blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and Coon cheese. If you click on the photograph below a Flikr album will open which you can scroll through.