Slow cooker rump roast isn’t something for every day not even once a quarter. As I was grocery shopping in Coles on Saturday I came across a small roll of rump and through why not. It’s Autumn and the Canberra weather has started to turn cold (as normal). I thought I would add some different flavours just to see how it turned out. I knew I could get at least two more meals from the roll by vacuum packing and freezing the meat after it had been cooked.
Capsicums were going at a reasonable price in Coles so I added the tops and tails plus a potato, a brown onion, some arborio rice and white and red quinoa.
The nice thing about my Breville slow cooker is that it’s also a pressure cooker. I’m yet to use it as a pressure cooker mainly because I like cooking my meat low and slow. This cooker has a 6 hour and an 8 hour option. I tend to go with the 8 hour option.
I think I added a little too much water, normally the rice and quinoa has the consistency of congee.
There’s nothing like the fatty goodness of rump. The flavour wasn’t too bad. The texture of the meat was perfect. If I had some beef bones I would have added them for extra beefy flavour.
Monday link love
It’s another Monday and the Canberra Food Bloggers Facebook Group has shared blog links.
- Catherine | Lunch at Pialligo Estate | http://esmefreakfood.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/lunch-at-pialligo-estate.html
- Serina | $5 Friday Chinese tomato and egg stir fry | http://msfrugalears.com/2016/04/01/5-friday-chinese-tomato-and-egg-stirfry/
- Elissa | Chicken and bean burritos | http://fivebeansfood.com/2016/04/01/the-queen-of-burritos-chicken-and-bean-burritos-with-lime-sour-cream/
- Rebecca | 12 minute banana chocolate pudding | http://insearchofgoldenpudding.com/2016/03/31/12-minute-banana-chocolate-pudding/
- Erin | Letting Sarah menstruate in peace (sorry Erin I couldn’t help edit the title) | http://dreamingofalmonds.com/2016/04/04/6-a-simplicious-challenge-let-the-lady-bleed-in-peace
Hope you had a good weekend.