Slow cooked beef, speck and hot and spicy spam is not something you will find in a lot of cook books. As far as I can see it’s not in my Spam cookbook.
This weekend I got the slow cooker out and loaded it with some ‘casserole’ beef, speck and some leftover hot and spicy spam along with with celery, carrot and onion. I did this video to practice some video editing in Adobe Photoshop.
- Casserole beef from Coles
- Speck from Coles delicatessen
- Spam (hot and spicy)
- Celery (3 stalks) finely chopped
- Carrot (1) diced
- Onion (½) diced
- Red wine (1 cup)
- Beef stock (1 litre)
- Sugar snap peas
- Frozen peas
- Dried mixed herbs
- Ginger marmalade (1 tablespoon)
- Plain flour
- Dice the vegetables (onions, carrot and celery) and meat
- Coat the meat in flour
- Brown off the meat in some olive oil in a frying pan and then soften the vegetables (onions, carrot and celery) in the frying pan.
- Add everything that has been browned or softened to the slow cooker
- Deglase the frying pan with a cup of red wine and pour the wine into the slow cooker
- Add the stock, ginger marmalade, some salt and pepper plus the dried herbs.
- Turn on the slow cooker and cook for 6 hours
- Drain the solids and keep the liquid for reducing to a sauce
- Aliquot into microwave safe containers for lunch at work
- Steam some sugar snap peas, peas and broccoli
- Plate up the meal
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (Verb)
I’m trying to teach myself some Adobe Photoshop skills. I video recorded some of my preparation and edited it in Photoshop. You can watch it here. It’s not very interesting and displays that I need to improve my knife skills. I also need to learn more about transitions and making a logo and adding in audio. Oh well, I will try to get better.
Monday link love
These links are from today’s shared posts on the Canberra Food Blogger’s Facebook Group.
- Liz | In my kitchen April 2016 | http://www.bizzylizzysgoodthings.com/blog/in-my-kitchen-april-2016
- Michele | Copper chimney, West Row Canberra | https://fineeating.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/copper-chimney-west-row-canberra-city-more-winning-dishes/
- Erin | Golden spiced hot chocolate | https://dreamingofalmonds.com/2016/04/10/recipe-golden-spiced-hot-chocolate/
- Elissa | Easy sushi together | http://fivebeansfood.com/2016/04/08/the-easy-way-to-enjoy-sushi-together-temaki-hand-rolled-sushi/
- Anna | Kep, the crab capital of Cambodia | http://shenannagans.com/kep-the-crab-capital-of-cambodia/
- Serina | $5 Friday pesto | https://msfrugalears.com/2016/04/08/5-friday-pesto/
- Shari | Super light cheesecake | http://goodfoodweek.com.au/2016/04/recipe-super-light-cheesecake/
- Bec | February and March 2016 | http://www.inexplicablewanderlust.com/february-march-2016/
I hope you’ve had a great Monday
This is a photograph I shot yesterday. I thought I’d share it because I like it.