Here is how to cook a fabulous slow cooker beef curry in a few quick easy steps. Slow cooked beef has so much flavour, you must try this.
Here is a gallery of images from the preparation. Click on one and hopefully a slideshow will begin.
Here’s a short video of my preparation for this slow cooker beef curry. I’m trying to teach myself some skills in video and video editing so if you want to skip this feel free. It’s a slow but interesting process.
- Casserole chuck beef
- Ginger marmalade
- Garlic paste
- Red capsicum
- Coconut milk
- Curry powder
- Dried whole peppercorns
- Quinoa rice
- Dice the meat
- Dice the potatoes
- Slice the onions
- Slice the celery
- Slice the capsicum
- Slice the ginger
- Add everything including a litre of water to the slow cooking chamber
- Cook for 6 hours
- Aliquot for lunch portions
- Serve with quinoa rice
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the dish
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
On a cool Autumn day it’s nice to have my apartment filled with the aroma of slowly cooking meat with spices and vegetables.
I know this will taste better after at least a day’s refrigeration so lunches or dinners will be fabulous. I look forward to leftover meals.
Monday link love from the Canberra Food Bloggers Facebook group
Every Monday members of the group share a link and some words of description. Here is what was shared today.
- Michele | Pho Phu Quoc Still great value | https://fineeating.wordpress.com/2016/04/17/wood-coal-canberra-city-trying-some-entrees/
- Bec | Coffee laboratory, Canberra City | http://www.inexplicablewanderlust.com/coffee-lab-canberra-city/
- Elissa | Taking someone a meal Top tips for sharing food | http://fivebeansfood.com/2016/04/14/taking-someone-a-meal-top-tips-for-sharing-food-with-someone-who-needs-it/
- Kirsty | Hunter Valley wine | https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209352600315911&set=p.10209352600315911&type=3&theater
- Rebecca | Marinated tofu and mushroom burgers | https://insearchofgoldenpudding.com/2016/04/11/marinated-tofu-and-mushroom-burgers/
- Caiti | Palak Paneer | http://www.plantfuelledchaos.com/palak-paneer-2/
- Serina | $5 Friday Mindfully preserving olives | https://msfrugalears.com/2016/04/15/5-friday-brining-olives/
- Michelle | Jasper and Myrtle Chocolates The new choc on the block | http://hercanberra.com.au/cpfood/jasper-and-myrtle/
- Lisa | Chilli lime turkey salad bowl | http://bakebikeblog.com/2016/04/chilli-lime-turkey-salad-bowl.html/
I hope you’ve had a good Monday
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.