Slowly oven roasted rump of beef with quinoa rice along with potato, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and onion served with horseradish. It sounds like a mouthful but oh what a delicious mouthful.
Last night I slowly roasted a butterflied leg of lamb and tonight I wanted some beef. The good thing is all the leftovers will be eaten for lunches at work. I may spend a lot of money on meat but I like to make it last.
- Lump of rump
- Brussels sprouts
- White quinoa
- Red quinoa
- Arborio rice
- Red wine
- In a casserole add the vegetables, quinoa and rice
- Add a splash of red wine
- Place the meat on top and cook for 30 minutes with the lid off in a hot oven 220 °C
- Place the lid on the casserole and cook for 150 minutes at 150 °C
- The quinoa and rice will absorb all the fat off the beef and be creamy rich
- Plate up and aliquot leftovers into containers for lunches
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Write the recipe
- Wash the dishes
- Blog (verb)
This morning I went for a walk around Lake Ginninderra and then had breakfast at Local Press Cafe in Kingston.