Here we go again with another delicious Chicken Maryland with crispy rice recipe. Apart from salmon, Chicken Maryland is a favourite here on Yummy Lummy.
Thanks for visiting. Please check out the rest of Yummy Lummy. I’d love it if you shared this site with your friends.
So what is in tonight’s dinner?
- one piece of chicken Maryland
- one packet of quinoa rice cooked in the microwave oven according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- a handful of grated cheese, I prefer Coon cheese but tonight I went with some generic tasty cheese
- some sliced capsicum pieces
- sliced jalapeño peppers
- sliced red chillies and spring onions
- freshly cracked black pepper
How did I put it all together?
- I cooked the quinoa rice in the microwave oven for 90 seconds and put it into the bottom of a nonstick frying pan
- I laid over some capsicum pieces and then some grated cheese
- The piece of Chicken Maryland went on next followed by some cracked pepper and then a little more cheese
- That went into an oven which had been heated to 200 °C for 20 minutes and then the oven was turned down to 150 °C for 40 minutes
- After an hour I removed the frying pan being careful to use an oven mitt
- I let everything rest for 10 minutes
- I prepared a plate and garnished with some spring onions, jalapeño peppers and red chillies
Preparing for the photograph
- I shot a photograph
- Ate the meal
- Washed the dishes
- Wrote the recipe
- Made a nice picture in Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop
- Blogged and vlogged (verbs)
How did it taste?
It was pretty good. The cheesy chicken skin was crisp, the muscle bundles were tender and moist. The quinoa rice was crispy and the cheese added a nice taste and texture to the dish. The jalapeño peppers and chillies also helped me just how deadened my sense of taste and smell is while I am unwell.
If you do this please let me know how it turns out. Send me a photograph and a comment.
If you like the video please watch it on YouTube and give me a thumbs up and feel free to comment. Subscribing to my channel would also be appreciated. Thank you.