It’s been a while since I’ve done a link love post here on Yummy Lummy.
I want to share some link love with two bloggers for whom there is a canine connection. Both own dogs and one blogs about her dog every day. The other blogs about a couple of webcomics she writes and she has a dog. I know this may be a tenuous connection but I needed a hook for the title and I communicate with each of them nearly every day through social media.
The first blogger is Jennifer Paetsch. I’ve mentioned Jennifer a few times previously on Yummy Lummy. Jennifer is an independent author of fiction for children and teens as well as the creator of a couple of webcomics. She is very artistic.
Sarah and Choppy
The second blogger is Sarah. Sarah likes to travel with her dog Choppy. Although of late, Sarah and Choppy have limited their travel to daily walks.
The nice thing is that Jennifer and Sarah know each other.
The Canine Connection
So what’s the canine connection with Jennifer I hear you ask? Jennifer has recently started posting to Instagram and she has a great Vimeo channel. A recent video (on her Patreon site) was of her dog, Siggi going on a walk. Siggi has this bright blue illuminated collar which he wears to increase his visibility on footpaths. Jennifer has mentioned that sometimes cyclists ride on footpaths and it sounds like little Siggi can be easily missed. The collar is like a high visibility jacket.
Jennifer has a couple of webcomics and derives some money from a patreon account and the sale of webcomic-related merchandise. One of the comics, viz., Little Monster Girl is not safe for work NSFW. There’s nothing particularly offensive about LMG except it’s about Zela a little monster girl and her adventures in her comic realm. The thing that makes LMG NSFW is that she’s usually topless and she has large boobs. Then there is Lulu, Lulu has no knees and she has even larger boobs.
If you like a funny quirky read I can recommend both webcomics. Don’t expect too much from either comic and everything will be okay.
So Sarah has a dog, viz., Choppy (F) and a cat, viz., Schooner (M) [BTW Jennifer has a cat too, viz., Mr Ashe]. Choppy features in four blog genres.
- Where’s Choppy? In these posts Sarah shoots a photograph of a scene with Choppy in it. It’s usually not obvious where Choppy is. It’s the reader’s task to find Choppy. Sarah usually follows up within a few days with the location.
- Howlidays are basically memes where Sarah hangs a sign around Choppy’s neck with a funny quote or slogan. Sarah also writes on a card and places it in front of Schooner’s fore paws. I’m guessing Schooner won’t let anything hang around his neck. The words on the card are usually a smart reply to the words on the sign around Choppy’s neck. Sometimes there are outtakes suggesting Schooner is very much his own cat. I’m hoping for some video violence in the future to add some excitement!
- Dog walk challenges are daily posts with a photograph of at least Choppy or a scene on Sarah’s walks plus some walk statistics.
- Corny dog jobs are irregular, associated often with holidays, but consist of up to a handful of memes featuring Choppy, usually in some fancy dress and jokes written in meme form. Most of these will give you a giggle, some make cause you to scratch your head and occasionally you will LMAO.
Choppy is a very forgiving girl and I often wonder about the relationship between her and Sarah!
So what have I been up to over the last week?
I know you want to know what I’ve eaten and what else I’ve photographed this week!
Last night I caught up with a friend from the Northern Territory. She’s now a rural and remote general practitioner but when I knew her she was an excellent medical laboratory scientist who I worked with across the NT. She was in town for the Rural Medicine Australia conference. About nine of us dined at Aubergine. The reservation was set for 8.30 pm. That’s the time I go to bed. I was surprised I stayed awake but it was a fantastic night. I had so much fun. The food was also fantastic. We had a four-course meal plus canapes.
- Salad of local asparagus, crispy quail egg, grilled avocado and toasted buckwheat.
- Lamb rump and sweetbreads, broad beans, black garlic and celtuce.
- Beef rib eye, mustard butter, cippolini onion, pumpkin and zucchini.
- Brown butter ice cream, almond praline, and frozen lemon myrtle milk.
No photographs because I was too busy talking and eating.