In general, this is how to prepare duck fat spuds
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Place cut potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until par-boiled.
- Drain, then return to the pan and shake well over medium heat to dry out and rough up the edges (this will help them crisp up when roasting).
- Place the duck fat in a roasting pan, then place in the oven for 5 minutes to heat.
- Remove from the oven, carefully add potato to duck fat and gently toss to coat.
- Return to the oven and roast, turning twice, for 45 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
For my dinner, I added some red onion which went very crispy like chips. I also cooked them in chilli flakes, mixed dried herbs, salt and pepper.
I served my roast spuds and onion chips on a bed of pearl barley couscous.