Okay today has been good at work. Busy but entirely manageable. I spent some parts of it thinking about dinner. I had a boneless and skinless chicken thigh in the refrigerator along with some vegetables. I bought some puff pastry from the supermarket.
I finely chopped some onions and sliced a part of a leek very finely. I also finely diced some salami I had too. While that was softening in a wok I floured some diced chicken meat and then added that. While that was cooking I grated some sweet potato and Gruyere cheese. After tossing the chicken around a bit to brown it off I added a little white wine and cream to thicken the sauce. I combined the sweet potato and cheese with a packet of French onion soup. To this I added the chicken salami, onion and leek. This all went into a Pyrex dish and I added some peas and corn and a little more cheese.I added some Tabasco sauce and chili flakes to add some kick to the hot salami. I covered this with the puff pastry brushed with an egg wash and then covered in freshly ground pepper. The dish was put in a moderate oven for 45 minutes.
It tasted good. It was really nice.
I want more
- I like pie (garydavidlum.com)
- Baked salmon and then a little ice cream (garydavidlum.com)
- Picnic lunch and then sausage rolls (garydavidlum.com)
- Chicken and Leek Pie (mizrhi.wordpress.com)
- Leftovers – Chicken and Mushroom Pie (londonlola.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Pot Pie with Puff Pastry (theboogieblog.net)
- Puff Pastry Recipe, Puff Pastry Tarts (potterybarnkids.com)
- Chicken, Tarragon and Mushroom Pies (cookingatzerodegrees.wordpress.com)
- Put a little pastry into your life (mmm-mushrooms.com)