I had two meals today. I know that’s not ideal but each was quite filling. Not as filling as yesterday’s but filling just the same. I woke up this morning without much of an appetite and then I remembered Bron was going to make Crème Brûlée French toast this morning and my appetite came back with a vengeance.
Adding whipped cream is fun
I went for a decent walk this afternoon but I don’t know that I burned enough emergy
Check out the walk at http://runkeeper.com/user/garydlum/activity/74679324
Browned steak resting and cooling until room temperature.
Duxelles being prepared. Onions sautéed with prunes, and mushrooms (The secret ingredient is anchovies) You can’t taste them in the finished product but they add a richness to the dish.
Lots of parsley is required
A sheet of Pampas puff pastry.
The steak needs to be coated with Pâté.
Cooled Duxelles in the puff pastry.
Everything ready to be wrapped.
The beef is wrapped and the pastry egg washed.
Plated up with carrots, asparagus and beans. Sauce to come.
I love making pepper sauce with green pepper corns in brine.
Plated up on my dining table with a bottle of ginger beer and my MacBook Air ready to eat.
After yesterday’s meal and with the steak and Pâté today I hope I don’t have a gout attack this week.
I really enjoyed making this meal and eating it.
- Crème brûlée French toast for breakfast (garydavidlum.com)
- Classic Crème Brûlée (garydavidlum.com)
- Did someone say pie? (garydavidlum.com)
- My weekend in food and ‘health’ (garydavidlum.com)
- Brioche French Toast with Caramelized Apples (munchomom.com)
- Beef Wellington: A New Old Traditon? (journeymancook.com)
- Crème brûlée from Costco (conniekitchen.wordpress.com)
- How to Whip French Cream (daysontheclaise.blogspot.com)