Today Bron invited me to a picnic lunch at Yerra Beach on Lake Ginninderra. There’s not much better than homemade sandwiches at a picnic or at the beach. To be honest, they’re always better on a sandy beach where there is surf. I’m sorry if I sound like a snob, I really do prefer surf beaches.
The weather was a little cool so I was wearing a hoodie and a pair of shorts. Bron had bought some nice crusty rolls, French onion dip, hummus, pesto, carrot sticks, brie, tasty cheddar, ham, salad leaves and tomatoes. We were able to assemble sandwiches at the Lake. After lunch we had Weston’s Wagon Wheels.
Tonight I had some sweet potato and thought I’d do fritters again. I mentioned to Bron I still had puff pastry from last night and she suggested sausage rolls. I went and bought some pork mince, a pear and an onion. I still had some diced prunes from last night.
This was a pretty filling meal. I’ll have left overs tomorrow night.
- Sausage Rolls (kerrysrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Easy Sausage Rolls (lauralovinglife.wordpress.com)
- Chalk and cheese | Onred and Central Cafe | Canberra and Queanbeyan (garydavidlum.com)
- Sausage Rollups Recipe (notecook.com)
- Yam Fries (daniellebenda.com)
- Easy Sandwich Recipes (answers.com)
- Puff Pastry Recipe, Puff Pastry Tarts (potterybarnkids.com)
- My thoughts on Washington DC (garydavidlum.com)
- Burrito sans tortilla at Jamison Zambrero (garydavidlum.com)